Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Right Amount

I like this recipe because of the number of cookies one batch makes.  Just enough to share and not have leftover cookies for the week - dangerous for the slow metabolism-ed.  Also, I like my cookies flat and crispy around the edges.  And one more thing, I like my chocolate chip cookies light on the chocolate chips.  This recipe only calls for one cup.  That way one bag of chocolate chips are good for two baking sessions.  Jim Lahey (of the no knead bread recipe fame - as my sister tells me) really delivers.

Jim Lahey's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C. plus 2 T. all purpose flour
3/4 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. baking powder
3/4 C (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 C (packed) brown sugar
1/4 C sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 C. semisweet chocolate chips


1.  Preheat oven to 425.  
2.  Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
3.  Beat butter and both sugars in a large bowl until well combined.  Add egg and vanilla; beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
4.  Add dry ingredients and mix just to blend.  Fold in chocolate chips.
5.  Bake for 6-8 minutes.  Eat.
Not super pretty but pretty tasty!

No comments: